The Shinobi World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for any ninja to live out there life in the way they choose.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» For all who still get on here.
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:24 pm by Kei-Kun

» akatsuki founde/member
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:13 pm by inuyasha116

» Suna jounin
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:55 am by Vergil yashou

» Vergil [Jashin]
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm by Vergil yashou

» Farewell Shinobi World I doth know ye well
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:03 am by Kaira

» hey guys..........
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:21 pm by Natsirt

» Ack! Stay Active!
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:21 pm by Kei-Kun

» Just makin a char
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:07 am by Vergil yashou

» Sumiyaka clan (Done)
Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 am by Casey

Top posters
Vergil yashou (93)
Lurking in the Graves [Open] I_vote_lcapLurking in the Graves [Open] I_voting_barLurking in the Graves [Open] I_vote_rcap 
Bright~Lightning (78)
Lurking in the Graves [Open] I_vote_lcapLurking in the Graves [Open] I_voting_barLurking in the Graves [Open] I_vote_rcap 
Hontoosuru Kizuato (62)
inuyasha116 (50)
Kaira (43)
Kei-Kun (38)
~*NatSirT-TheTrueGod*~ (30)
Reconciled (25)
slyfox223 (24)
Jastrok (20)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Lurking in the Graves [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaira

Lurking in the Graves [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Lurking in the Graves [Open]   Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:48 am

"..And this is for you, Oji-san." Yamine said adding offerings of flowers and rice cakes to the graves of her uncle and aunt. Her father's brother and sister-in-law. They were like second parents to her, and they gave her more support than most people did. The flower bouquets were arranged by Yamine herself and she was quite proud of them.

She sat down in between the two graves and burnt some incense. The heavy vanilla scent smelled like heaven to her. She loved vanilla. As she closed her eyes and clasped her hands together she started to pray to Tsukiyomi and Usagi for the souls of her deceased relatives.

It was their death anniversary after all. Was it by faith that they died together on the same battle ground? Yamine looked up to her aunt for being a female ninja from the clan more than any other ninja.

She hummed some more prayers.
Back to top Go down
Kaira

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Graves [Open]   Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:03 pm

[bump]
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Graves [Open]   Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:57 pm

((Bumps are unnecessary. There are only . . . 4 Iwa nin. We all know this thread exists . . . XD I'll probably reply tonight, if I get the chance.))
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Graves [Open]   Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 pm

((Sorry for the delay.))

Drifting slowly among the tombstones, Kizuato sighed to himself. Of all the places in the village, this was the most familiar to him. The graves of his mother, sister, father, and friends were scattered across the graveyard. Every time a shinobi died - no matter how insignificant they were - Kizuato was expected to come to the funeral and give a few inspirational words, as well as a mournful lament. These reasons for coming to the graveyard conflicted with each other in his mind; was he familiar with this place out of duty, or emotion? Did it even really matter? In the end, he still knew his way around the tombstones.

Perhaps it was situational; tonight he was here out of emotion. The words he had shared with Vergil, though infused with a modicum of his own passion, had struck into himself as well. If they went to war, more would die. His close family had died in conflict only, and never of natural causes. His father had died in the Third Great Shinobi War, as had one of his best friends, Uure. His mother and one of his two sisters had been slain by the Bijuu that was now sealed away within a small pebble in their village. All that was left was his sister, and despite how much Kizuato cherished her, he rarely had opportunity to speak or see her.

So, one by one, Kizuato went to the tombstones of his family and friends. His mother and sister were first, then Uure, and still others. Kizuato would visit his father last of all . . . A whistle came to his lips, though it was slow and dramatic, a tune of woe and mourning over the whimsies of the past. Kizuato allowed his hand to trace over the tombstones as he passed them, feeling the letters that had been engraved deeply into the cold stone, and thus relearning the names of the men and women who filled Iwagakure's graveyard. It was perhaps the largest graveyard in the Shinobi World, and with good reason. But that was surely soon to change.

When Kizuato was nearing the tombstone of his father, his powerful sense of hearing picked up the humming of a girl. The voice was certainly familiar, and the Tsuchikage changed his path to walk toward the source of the noise. He would visit his father later.

Indeed, the identity of each ANBU member in the village was a secret, even from each other. If one person knew their identity, it could compromise the entire organization, especially if that one person went rogue. But the Tsuchikage knew their identities; for his safety and the safety of the village, he had to. He knew everything about the ANBU members, from their names to their specialties in fighting. He even knew their favorite foods and greatest fears; he had picked it all up during simple conversation, and Kizuato never forgot a voice, nor the words it spoke.

And so when Kizuato finally reached the source of the humming, he stopped by a nearby tombstone and turned his head to face the presumed direction of Yamine, his brown hair fluttering for only a second to reveal the horrid burn marks of his face. When it had settled again, the Tsuchikage cleared his throat and addressed her. "Greetings, Cat. Isn't it a bit cold out for lamenting; surely that could wait for a time when it's warmer? Brighter? I wouldn't want you catching cold." His voice was only a bit teasing, though it sounded entirely serious. Only a few people knew when Kizuato was joking, those closest to him. He wasn't sure if Cat had learned to identify his mood or not, yet.
Back to top Go down
Kaira

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Graves [Open]   Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:27 am

[[It's okay ^^]]

"Greetings, Cat. Isn't it a bit cold out for lamenting; surely that could wait for a time when it's warmer? Brighter? I wouldn't want you catching cold."" Was the words that she heard. She turned around a bit startled at the sight of the blind man. She was still in shock that someone had called her cat. But if the Tsuchikage said that then that must have meant that there was no one else around.

"Good evening, Sir." Yamine said bowing humbly at him. She knew he couldn't see it, but she did know that he could here it. She herself as an ANBU knew that you had to rely on other senses. And she knew that her bowing made a slight noise when she did.

"You know me, sir. And you know my clan. The dark can't get to us." Yamine said, chuckling a bit. Surely the Tsuchikage was kidding about that. He was the one with most knowledge of the village. He would've identified her clan's kekkei genkai in no time. Though he was a bit right about the cold though.

It wasn't hot, no, it was the exact opposite. It was chilly, but not chilly enough to give the ANBU captain a cold. Cats don't get colds was what she would say to any other person, but he was the Tsuchikage. She wasn't entirely sure if she was allowed to joke around with him.

Just to make sure that there was really no other person, she looked around her eyes reflecting the current state of the moon. Indeed she couldn't see any one else, and she couldn't sense any chakra. Plus the Apogee and Perigee effect weren't sensing anything either so she knew that they were the only ones here. Besides the dead bodies of course.

Feeling that she was allowed to start a conversation, she cleared her throat just to make sure it wouldn't squeak. She wasn't intimidated easily but the silence could do that to her. In fact it should have done that to anyone. She decided to play her choice of words in a casual manner. And her tone had to be of an even flow. If it went high, he might think something's wrong.

"And how about you, Tsuchikage-sama. What brings you here this evening. I don't mean to pry of course." She asked with a slight smile. The best thing about talking to a blind man is that he couldn't read facial expressions. And she knew that was one of the reasons why the ANBU wore their masks.
Back to top Go down
Hontoosuru Kizuato
Tsuchikage
Hontoosuru Kizuato

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Graves [Open]   Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 2:38 pm

The rustling of Yamine's clothing told Kizuato that she was bowing to him. He clapped his hands together silently and gave a slight bow in return. Chuckling lightly, Kizuato took a few steps away from Yamine. "Of course. The darkness is a friend to your clan; but what about true darkness? An eclipse? I wonder then . . ." The Tsuchikage let his voice drift off, then changed his focus. His hand drifted along the tombstones once again until he found a suitable spot, and then Kizuato sat on the corner of the tombstone. He meant no disrespect, and so he made sure to position himself at the very edge so as not to cover any of the engravements.

"I'm certain that you don't mean to pry," Kizuato replied, his voice as montone as ever. In his own mind, though, his thoughts were bathed in rich sarcasm. Every time Kaira spoke, the Tsuchikage was listening in to every variation in tone and pitch she produced. They created a song in her voice alone, one that opened a gateway to the ANBU leader's thoughts. Through that gateway, Kizuato could pry himself, and discover what he needed, at least to some degree.

Indeed, Kaira seemed rife with uncertainty. She tried to shoot it down through casual words and diverting comments, but it still squirmed its way into her words, even if only slightly. "Like you, I'm here to visit lost ones." At least, that's why I believe I'm here. "That tombstone does belong to a member of your family, now deceased, does it not?" Kizuato asked her, his voice finally displaying a slight curiosity.

With a sigh, the Tsuchikage stood up from the tombstone and began to pace very slowly. "Maybe I'm really just here to think . . ." He glanced in the direction he believed Kaira to still be in. "Impressive that you've become ANBU Captain at only 18," he commented, changing the topic. That point had just sparked his interest. "Everybody seems to be advancing at young ages, these days. The Hokage is in her early twenties. The Kazekage is . . . Eighteen? Nineteen? He's young." Kizuato sighed and shook his head.

"I promoted you because you proved yourself wise, capable, and passionate about protecting this village. Still, I keep an eye on you. You're still young, and mistakes are a natural part of growing older. But to have such young people leading entire villages . . . It's unnatural. In my opinion, such young people shouldn't lead such large groups. If they make a mistake, that mistake will reverberate through the entire village, and then the country, and possibly the rest of the shinobi world." Kizuato shook his head again. He wasn't sure why he had suddenly began this rant; it was one of the thoughts bouncing around his head. Normally, quite a bit went on in his mind. Tonight there was even more than usual, so much in fact that if he didn't release some of it, Kizuato felt like his head might burst.
Back to top Go down
Kaira

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Graves [Open]   Lurking in the Graves [Open] EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:28 am

"Of course. The darkness is a friend to your clan; but what about true darkness? An eclipse? I wonder then ..." The Tsuchikage said, as his hand drifted along the tombstones, before finding a suitable place to sit. He sat on the edge of one of the stones, allowing the engraved words to still make their appearances.

" A Solar Eclipse is one where the moon covers the sun, no? It gives are clan more power I believe. The moon overlapping the sun during the day...Even if it were just a couple of minutes that would be amazing..." Yamine breathed. She was of course, a child of the moon. But if it were a Lunar Eclipse, the opposite of a Solar Eclipse, then she would not know what would happen. Her eyes drifted off, focusing on other things. Since she didn't need to make eye contact, she felt that it was fine to observe other objects.

"I'm certain that you don't mean to pry," The Tsuchikage said, in a monotone. Emotions were needed to be explained through the way you said things, and the way the Tsuchikage spoke made others think that he had no emotion. It was as though he was hiding, and Yamine couldn't give a reason on why he shouldn't hide. When you're in a position as high as his, emotions were distractions. Used against others in combat, and if played wrongly, they could pass as deadly giveaways.

"Like you, I'm here to visit lost ones. That tombstone does belong to a member of your family, now deceased, does it not? He continued, asking her with a hint of curiosity detected in his voice. Just a hint would be enough. Just a hint would be a giveaway to emotions. ANBU members, like her, were trained to detect these hints. So even in situations like this one, the girl couldn't help but dig in.

"Yes it does." Yamine said nodding, uncertain if she should tell the man who they are. Her uncle and aunt were the only two family members other than her parents she truly did care for. She considered herself lucky that her parents were still alive, even though they were weak in their old age. She couldn't help but smile slightly thinking of her parents. They looked like shriveled up apricots, with fluffs of white hair plastered on their wrinkled faces. She was exaggerating of course. Her mother didn't look a day older than fifty, though the white hair and slight wrinkles gave her away. And her father, well, was a different story.

"Maybe I'm really just here to think..." The Tsuchikage said, as he stood up and paced slowly. He glanced at her direction, and she nodded as she listened to him. Maybe she would learn something from this discussion. Maybe she could learn something from the Tsuchikage himself. Or maybe he would say something completely out of the blue.

"Impressive that you've become ANBU Captain at only 18," The Tsuchikage said. Out of the blue it was, then. The words of wisdom that she had hoped for vanished in thin air. Yamine wondered why he was changing the subject. But decided just to continue listening to him rather than speak up. "Everybody seems to be advancing at young ages, these days. The Hokage is in her early twenties. The Kazekage is . . . Eighteen? Nineteen? He's young" The Tsuchikage said, shaking his head.

Indeed people were advancing at young ages. The villages Sannin didn't look a day over twenty. The Tsuchikage looked young as well. And Yamine herself was only eighteen and at ANBU captain. Maybe desperate times called for desperate measures. Or maybe strengths were just found in younger people. She's heard of child prodigies and other things. Maybe this could be a generation filled with them.

"I promoted you because you proved yourself wise, capable, and passionate about protecting this village. Still, I keep an eye on you. You're still young, and mistakes are a natural part of growing older. But to have such young people leading entire villages . . . It's unnatural. In my opinion, such young people shouldn't lead such large groups. If they make a mistake, that mistake will reverberate through the entire village, and then the country, and possibly the rest of the shinobi world." He said, shaking his head again. Yamine wanted to chuckled but choked it in. She was young, but she was confident enough to know that she wouldn't mess up. She wasn't the type to just think about who she was. She knew who she was and knew herself enough to know that she wouldn't mess up. Still that kind of outburst would be disrespectful to the Tsuchikage.

"Indeed I am young, sir. But if I may speak up, this newer generation has been filled with new hopes. The Hokage herself is only twenty-two, I hear. Younger people have ruled this generation, and younger people will lead it. Yes, we mess up at times but we learn how to fix things. Countries need stronger hopes and stronger defenses. And with newer things introduced to us, we learn more and we become stronger. As ANBU captain I have learned many things. And I have learned that I am capable enough not to mess my village up, and not to lead it to war." She emphasized that it was her village. She cared about the village more than most people would. She probably thought that she was the only one who cared about Iwa this much. Her passion for Iwa was just as strong as a mother to her child. The kind of love that needed sacrifices and commitment. The kind of love that couldn't be broken by words or actions. Though she hated being used, if Iwa needed it she would be used by her own country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lurking in the Graves [Open]   Lurking in the Graves [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Lurking in the Graves [Open]
Page 1 of 1